Thursday, March 16, 2017

Ask Mr. Bear Conclusion Post

I thought it might be a good idea to start doing introduction/conclusion posts about each theme.  I can state our goals, and project ideas in the introduction post, and my thoughts as to what worked and what didn't in the conclusion post.


I'll start with my personal thoughts.  I knew this was going to be a fun opening theme for our new curriculum, because E is obsessed with farm animals.  I wish it had been warmer so we could have visited a real farm, but alas, it was far too cold in February for that.

As for the book, Ask Mr. Bear by Marjorie Flack, E really wasn't that interested.  I think the book was a bit too slow and repetitive for her.  I know I kinda got bored reading the same lines over and over.  BUT, I do think it was a cute story.  To go with our farm unit, we also read Big Red Barn by Margaret Wise Brown, and that was a much bigger success as far as E's attention span goes.

The biggest winners of this week were our Farm Sensory Bin:













Puffy Paint Cupcakes:















Piggies in the Mud:















Melissa and Doug Farm Magnets:















The biggest fail this week was our chocolate pudding 'mud' sensory bin.  I didn't even get a picture of it.  Boo!

All in all, it was a fun week exploring the farm.  We moved like farm animals, we listened to some fun farm songs on YouTube, and we even learned a few new words!  But, now I am excited to move on to our next unit: Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See?


See all the posts in the Ask Mr. Bear unit:

Ask Mr. Bear Shelf Work

Ask Mr. Bear Art Projects


Ask Mr. Bear Sensory Bin



No comments:

Post a Comment