Friday, March 17, 2017

Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See - Introduction

Hey guys!  So excited for this unit!  We are going to be doing Brown Bear Brown Bear What Do You See? by Bill Martin Jr. and Eric Carle (two of my favorite children's book authors!)


This unit we are going to be exploring colors and shapes, which is such a perfect unit for toddlers!  E already knows a few colors, but I am hoping to expand on that knowledge and introduce shapes as well.  This unit is also corresponding to St. Patrick's Day on March 17th.  So we will be doing some crafts and tying in a rainbow theme for the holiday.  

We are absolutely loaded up on shelf work activities for this unit!  Seriously, they would barely fit on our shelves!  But I know E will have a blast with most of them (there are always bound to be some misses, aren't there? 😁)  

Besides shapes and colors, we will also be working on our fine motor skills a lot for this unit.  I have a bunch of interactive story ideas (a felt board for Brown Bear, a color match for Freight Train, and some mouse puppets for Mouse Paint).

We are also going to do a water bead sensory bin, and do a rainbow pom pom drop out of paper towel rolls.  

I am so excited!  I will have our shelf unit video and blog post up here shortly.  I hope you all enjoy our Brown Bear unit as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment