Friday, October 14, 2016

Fall Toddler Activities (Part Two)

Fall Activities Part Two!  This is the second week of our fall unit, I will be sad to see it go.  Make sure you check out the first post in this series (Fall Toddler Activities Part One).  Below is the video of the next 5 activities for toddlers.  Please like the video, and subscribe to my channel if you'd like to see more of these videos!


In addition, I will provide more information about each project below:

1.  Pumpkin Guts!!
Fall wouldn't be complete without a trip to the pumpkin patch!  We picked up a decent sized one for carving, and E picked out a few smaller pumpkins that she was able to pick up or roll.  This activity is very simple.  Just cut the top off the pumpkin, and scoop out the insides.  I put the guts into a plastic tub, and let E squish and squeeze to her hearts content!  (Save the seeds for the next project)


2.  Pumpkin Seed Art Project

I Googled 'pumpkin outline' and printed off the one that I liked the best.  Then I let E color the pumpkin with markers.  Next, we used the (washed) pumpkin seeds from the previous project, and glued them onto the pumpkin.  This was to represent that this is where the pumpkin seeds come from.


3.  Pumpkin (or Apple) Stamp
So, in my video I said I was going for a pumpkin stamp, but I realized I liked it better as an apple, and apples are definitely Fall related!  Either way works, so whatever floats your boat.  I used a toilet paper roll and bent the top middle, so it's squashed into an almost heart shape.  I gave E red and green paint and let her stamp the apple print all over the paper, then I drew on some leaves and stems.  Really cute art project for the refrigerator!


4.  Red Construction Paper Apple
This is just a recycled project from our first week of tot-school.  See this post on how we created this construction paper apple art project.


5.  Foam Pumpkin Decorating
I purchased this pack of foam pumpkins from Hobby Lobby, glitter glue pens from Walmart (for only .97 cents!), and washi tape from Walmart (I think they have some at Dollar Tree, but I didn't have time to stop their).  I cut small strips of washi tape, and gave E the glitter glue pens and let her decorate the pumpkins however she wanted.

So there you have it.  I hope you all enjoy your Fall season as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment