Saturday, October 8, 2016

Week Three Art Projects (Cloud and Caterpillar Craft)

As I had mentioned in a previous post, the theme unit for letter C has gone kind of haywire with our traveling.  So I scrambled to find a few art projects to do.  The first one is a cloud art project, the inspiration for this project came from here.  


If I had more time to prepare, I would have drawn my own cloud shapes, but I was lazy!  Luckily, the link has a printable.  I had bought a pack of sponges from Hobby Lobby in the fine art painting section, so I knew I wanted to try to have E sponge paint the clouds.  All I had to do, was cut out the clouds, and give her the sponges and white paint.



It's a little hard to tell from the photo, but the sponge effect was very pretty for the clouds.  She also finger painted a few times with the white paint, so it has a cool 'swooshy' effect.  Is swooshy a word? Well, you know what I mean!

Our second craft for the week comes from here .  (Which by the way, I love her site, I hope to do a literature based preschool with E)
                                

As part of our C unit, we read the Very Hungry Caterpillar, and this fingerprint craft was perfect.  The printable was set up for creating patterns, but I know that E is too young to follow a pattern, so I had hopes that she would just make fingerprints in the circles to work on her hand eye coordination.  This was a  bit of a fail for us, as E just wanted to finger paint the page.  Oh well, it was still good fun for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment