Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Week One Language Activities

I have already mentioned that we have been matching objects to cards as part of our vocabulary building activities.  I also wanted to include our other language activities for the week.  We have been practicing a few signs:



I also introduced these words in Spanish:
Red (our theme for the week)- Rojo
Apple- Manzana

Lastly for music and movement we sang and danced to 'Little Red Caboose' throughout the week:

This Lisa Loeb version is so cute, and very easy on the ears (for adults too!)

And of course I pointed out many red objects at the grocery store this week!  Lucky for us, we had plenty to see:  apples, strawberries, raspberries, lots of different labels on food, etc.  We weren't as lucky when we went on our daily walks though.  Most of the leaves here are still very green.  I was able to point out a few red cars though.


No comments:

Post a Comment